Peel Public Health is issuing an alert that there has been an exposure to a confirmed case of measles within Peel Region. People who were on the following flights and in the following locations on February 22, 2019, may have been exposed to measles:
- Cathay Pacific flight CX5249, from Siem Reap, Cambodia to Hong Kong, China
- Air Canada flight AC-016 from Hong Kong, China to Toronto
- Pearson Airport(Terminal 1) on February 22, 2019 from 6:20 pm to 9:30 pm
Additionally, people who were in the following locations on February 27, 2019, between the hours of 3pm- midnight may have been exposed to measles.
- West Lincoln Memorial Hospital, 169 Main Street E., Grimsby, Emergency Room and X-Ray Unit
Clinical features of measles:
- Fever AND
- Cough, coryza or conjunctivitis AND
- Generalized maculopapular rash(usually 2-4 days after prodromal symptoms)
- Incubation period: 7-21 days
Therefore, watch for above symptoms until 21 days after exposure- up to and including March 20, 2019. See your physician as soon possible in this case for examination and diagnostic tests. Make sure that your vaccination is completed for measles, as measles has an effective vaccine. Two doses of measles vaccine are recommended for anyone born after 1969.