SAVEonRX HOWDEN PHARMACY
- Minor Ailments
- Smoking Cessation
- Compression Stockings
- Diabetes Management
- Asthma Counseling
- Blister Packaging
- Compounding Medications
- Covid Testing Services
Minor ailments, also known as common conditions, can be managed with minimal treatment and don’t require blood or lab testing for assessment. Even though short-term, some of these conditions can negatively impact your daily routine and quality of life.
Pharmacists in Ontario are able to assess, recommend and prescribe treatments for the following minor ailments:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Aphthous Ulcers (canker sores)
- Candidal stomatitis (oral thrush)
- Conjunctivitis (bacterial, allergic and viral)
- Dermatitis (atopic, eczema, allergic and contact)
- Diaper dermatitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Herpes labialis (cold sores)
- Insect bites and urticaria (hives)
- Tick bites, post-exposure prophylaxis to prevent Lyme disease
- Musculoskeletal sprains and strains
- Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
- Pinworms and threadworms
- Urinary tract infections (uncomplicated)
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis (yeast infection)
Pharmacists are highly educated healthcare providers and medication experts whose university training prepares us to assess and treat these minor ailments. Talk to our pharmacist today!
Our pharmacist is a convenient and knowledgeable resource who can help in a number of ways, including:
- Providing materials that can help you prepare to quit and supporting you during the quitting process;
- Meeting with you to create a My Quit Plan;
- Meeting with you for follow-up sessions to monitor your progress;
- Recommending and prescribing a medication that can help you quit, if you are a suitable candidate.
The most effective way to decrease complications and reduce the impact of the flu is to get a preventative vaccine shot!
The North American vaccine is developed each year to work against three strains of influenza virus, based on trends seen in the Southern Hemisphere. The best time for vaccination is early October to mid-November.
Anyone who is in contact with high-risk populations (including health care workers) should also receive the vaccine. People who are not part of the high-risk groups but just want to avoid the flu can also get vaccinated. In Canada, Pharmacists are certified to administer flu shots to children 5 and over.
Please call the pharmacy to book your FREE Flu-shot!
We can help – Come and see us if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Heavy, tired, or aching legs;
- Initial signs of varicose veins;
- A feeling of tension, cramps, or fatigue in your legs;
- Swollen ankles/feet;
- Spider veins;
- Skin discoloration or problems;
- Leg Ulcer.
Please talk to our pharmacist!
You are eligible for the Medication Review program if you have a valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) card and if any one of these is true:
- You take three or more prescription medications for a chronic condition.
- You have been diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- You live in a licensed long-term care home.
At SAVEonRX Howden Pharmacy our FREE Medication Review Program is extended to serve residents of Long Term Care Homes and home-bound individuals who are unable to make it to our pharmacy. Please talk to our pharmacists to arrange your appointment!
Learn how to control YOUR DIABETES
For diabetic patients, we understand that proper management of diabetes is critical. From controlling blood sugar levels to having accurate blood sugar readings on a dependable monitor, we can help you with all aspects of diabetes management to ensure good overall health.
As Canada’s most accessible health care provider, pharmacists can help Canadians manage their diabetes and ease the strain of chronic disease on the health care system.
Our pharmacists will be more than happy to provide you with both information and resources for the latest technologies in blood sugar monitors.
In recent years, pharmacists have become more active in patient care and demonstrate a positive impact on the outcomes of drug therapy in asthma patients.
The goal of asthma treatment is to keep you as symptom-free as possible. This includes being able to engage in normal activities, keeping the use of rescue medications down (less than 4 doses per week), having daytime symptoms less than 4 days per week, and reducing episodes of worsening asthma. This goal can be reached by most people with asthma by learning how to avoid asthma triggers.
Please talk to our pharmacists!
If you have a large number of medications or have difficulty remembering when to take certain medications, our blister pack services can take the burden off you.
Compliance with prescription medications and proper dosing is an integral part of maintaining good health therefore we offer special packaging and clear labelling to meet our patients’ unique needs.
Please call our pharmacy to request your free Blister Pack!
At SAVEonRX Howden Pharmacy we prepare customized medications to help you and your physician improve the therapeutic outcome of your treatment.
We change your drugs in order to best fit your medical and personal needs. For example, if you have trouble swallowing large pills, our pharmacy can change the prescription to liquid, lozenges, creams, or a variety of other forms or we can compounds customized to your child’s age and weight where an appropriate strength may not be commercially available.
Please talk to our pharmacist!
At SAVEonRX Howden Pharmacy we provide Covid-19 Testing services
Please call us to book your appointment or simply walk in at your convenient time.